
Christmas morning we got to sleep in late because Belle doesn't really have an internal alarm clock. In fact I had to remind her it was Christmas and that there may be things under the tree she would want to open. She was pleased with everything she got but the easy bake oven had to be the favorite. While I made breakfast, Abete helped her make her first creation, yellow cake. What a man!!

For the three of us the morning was beautiful. We are together and planning for our wedding. Abete and I kept saying, "Our first Christmas together. Our first Christmas together." Being snowed in with people you love is a wonderful thing. The absence of Taron and Keaton was truly felt. The roads were closed to Eden and it was not wise for Stephen to try and bring them back. As much as I loved being with Abete and Belle, my heart ached for my boys. However...

Today we met Stephen in Raft River and picked them up. Oh, it is wonderful to have them home. We got to have a second Christmas this afternoon with them. Betz is teaching Keaton how to play guitar and he put together their nerf guns. Again, what a great man. I hate that part of opening presents....putting them together. Betz is patient and maybe just as excited as they are to get them all together. He had fun playing with the guns and singing and jamming on Keaton's guitar. I love to hear his sing. Wow, I think I could fall in love with this guy!

I learn so much from him. His talent leaves me in awe and best of all he puts up with me. Is there a greater man out there? I don't think so.

I am reminded of the mission our Savior came to Earth to teach. He taught of Peace and Love. I believe his greatest joy comes when he sees our families strengthened and he weeps when they struggle. I pray I can me mindful of the mission my Savior has for me. I look at my beautiful family and my heart swells. We are all flawed and have a lot to learn, yet we strive to learn and grow in our Lord and Savior. At home is where it begins. I hope to serve and love those my Father has sent me and that he has sent me to. I don't know if I have done such a good job of this in the past. Back in July I wrote a blog about some of the things I wished for. Privately, I prayed to the Lord for someone to share this journey with. Someone that would strengthen me and desire the things I desired.
For Christmas, my pray was answered. I prayed to the Lord and he sent me Abete. I could not have been given a better gift.
Merry Christmas to all. May we remember our prayers are answered, our hearts are healed, and through the mission of our Savior we can find Peace and Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment