So I was thinking . . . since when did my kids go out more than I do? This weekend Taron had two parties, one Friday night and one today and Keaton two also, football party and then birthday party today. Goodness. While I cleaned the kitchen, rearranged and organized Bella's room, made banana bread, braved going to the new Costco, visited Mom and Dad's and rocked Corbin to sleep, then ran to Walmart and home to prepare for lasagna making tomorrow and finally settle down for a movie with the kids.
One thought from Taron's party on Friday sort of surprised me. This was a Halloween party with a kid in his school and primary class. We pulled up to the house and he jumped out and said he would get a ride home. As the door closed and I proceeded to drive away a surprising reaction hit me. I got a lump in my throat and my eyes teared up. Then Keaton said, "It makes me sad when Taron and I are not together." You know what, I feel exactly the same way. I am happy to see his independence and youthful exuberance, however it is ever so clear that my time with him is limited. He has been with me a short ten years and he will probably be on a mission in 9. Another ten years would not be enough time to spend with him. I love being with him. Working with him, playing with him and even listening to him tell me about his latest science lesson. Please don't let the time go by to fast. I don't want to miss a moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment