Monday, October 6, 2008

Happenings In Vernal

This weekend I went to Vernal, UT to see Betz. It just so happens I have family in the same town in the middle of no where, and it really is out in the middle of no where. Betz ended up working all day Saturday but I was lucky enough to spend time with my Aunt Jolene. She was busy making plum jam and I was able to watch her work.
This is what we made. Ha Ha. Ok this is what I watched her make but I came home with a box of plums and a desire to make some all on my own.
Tonight, Taron traveled with me all over town looking for jars to purchase. Then we cleaned the kitchen and prepared everything so that tomorrow I can start my own plum jam. He was sitting at the kitchen table doing homework as I was placing all my jars in the dishwasher and he says to me that he has never seen me so serious to can jam or anything. Sadly enough he is correct. However, I do have a strong desire to learn to can. I know my mom has done it and my uncle swears I am not my mothers daughter since I have not canned anything but if any of you know my mom she does all her homemaking tasks usually around three in the morning when my eager desire to learn is fast asleep. Thanks Jolene for sharing this with me. Well she canned applesauce that morning also but I was yet again still asleep. (She let me sleep by taking Belle to my cousin Isaac's house to play with his kids.) I didn't get up until 11:00 on Sat morning.

I ventured another new task while with Dan and Jolene. Every time Betz comes to Pocatello he brings me flowers or a gift so this time I wanted to do something for him. I knew he liked this desert so I made him a pineapple upside down cake. It was very good and Jolene even commented that my cake turned out really well. (Inside joke.) HMMM I wonder what creations I will come up with on my next visit.
Sunday Betz did surprise me with flowers again. I think he is up to something.

No comments: