Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend


Sharen had the wonderful guggestion of playing dodge ball at the church. We had such a great time, it should become a tradition.


After a few rounds of dodge ball, we then switched to octopus. For this game I joined in, meaining no pictures.

Today my abs hurt so bad and it was funny when we were at Mom's because everyone was complaining about how sore they were from the games. We had a fabulous time and then everyone went to the night parade.



The last time I went t this I believe Keaton was in a stroller. Why have I missed it so many years. I love dressing up in warm clothes, standing on a street corner in 35 degree weather and receive handfuls of candy from complete strangers. I didn't get a picture of it but the dogs were the absolute best entry too see. All those chihuahuas made me smile and I don't even like that breed.



For being our first Thanksgiving together, I think we did pretty well. Abete is helpful and always ready for the next family activity. As I reflect on the last few days, I have never felt closer to my family. I love Thanksgiving because it is all about family. Every activity we did was about being together. Spending Thursday baking with my children since we had a late dinner, shopping with Betz Friday morning, Contreras family dodge ball game, night parade, Saturday decorating as a family for Christmas (even though it may have been easier to wait for every one to be in bed before I pulled out the Christmas boxes), movie night at Contreras home with everyone created a three day celebration of family. My sister Sharen was here from Boise and I love to see the beautiful woman she has become. She is so amazing to watch with her nieces and nephews. Maria looks more beautiful each time I see her as she awaits the birth of her first daughter. (Ok, I better not go down the entire list of my siblings, otherwise I will be writing all night). We were missing Aaron and Bernie. Both of the abscences were felt but one day we will all be together again. Aaron is planning to be home for Christmas and Bernie, well, I don't know when she will come home but I think of her often.
What a wonderful weekend for the celebration of family.

1 comment:

J.J. said...

What a fun weekend! Those Contreras' are a blast! Dodge ball at the church? Why have I not thought of that?! I think I would vote to have Manuel on my team! I would come out with a few less bruises! --JaNae