What a flash to the past when I heard myself yell, "Go Indians Go." Keaton's third grade flag football team had their first game tonight. Sad to say they lost, but oh how they played hard. I am so proud of both my boys. Keaton is bigger than all the other kids on the team but he plays hard and is learning so much. His dad is an avid outdoors man and I only know how to watch the games and cheer when everyone else is so my babies come to the sport with little knowledge of the positions and plays. Keaton plays offensive guard and does a wonderful job. The other day his coach did something wonderful for him.
A kid on his team yelled to some affect that at least he wasn't FAT like Keaton. Coach CJ stopped the game and said that he never wanted to hear talk like that again and that he use to be just like Keaton and look at him now. He scolded the boy and all the kids that they are one team, playing together, and that if anyone said bad stuff to their teammates they would be running laps and after that if they kept it up they would be off the team. THANK YOU!! Keaton tries hard to please his coach and I am pleased his coach knows Keaton and his needs.
Yesterday Taron called me from school, sick. Although it was not pleasant dealing with his puking, I loved being able to spend one on one time with him. We are given these children and think of them as just our children but you know...I like these kids as human beings. Taron amazes me with his kindness and thoughts. His coaches wife thanked me for moving Taron to Edahow where her son goes. Her son and Taron have fast become best friends and it seems to be a positive thing for both. She sad her son loves to be around Taron because he doesn't make fun of him because he can't read as well as the other 5th graders. Oh if they only knew how badly Taron was in need of friends when he got to that school. I am blessed for her son and she feels blessed for mine. The Lord answers prayers by using us to answer someone else's.
Way to go boys!! I love you.
4 comments:
He would be coming from Victor. But I am not sure which weekend. We had talked about flying him from Idaho Falls or Boise. He lives in Victor. Rick needs to talk to Jasons Mom and figure it out.
oh and by the way here is my email address so you can just email me.
ricksandyn@gmail.com
Tara I want you to know I admire how you treat your children. I tend to be pretty to the point and sometimes rushed and harsh with my kids. When I listen to you talk to your kids it reminds me to be more gentle and nurturing. Thank you for your example.
Tara I was wondering if your family is being affected by the storms in Texas or if they dont live in that area?
Post a Comment