To celebrate Mother's Day weekend, I ran away with the people that make me a mother. Seemed appropriate.
All to quickly, I see time moving on the more I want to grab hold, slow it down, make it stop.
I see it in the rate at which Belle is asking questions and telling stories.
I see it in the new adventures Olaya is allowing us to share in.
Watching the world through their eyes calms me, allows for moments of peace.
I reapeat over and over,
I must have done something right to deserve them.
I am constantly reminded that life is good.
We savor each and every little moment.
Of course we have our challenges.....
Motherhood isn't all fun and games.
But it is really all about taking a step back,
Looking at what we have,
and who we are blessed to share it with.
Truth is....we ran to Utah so that I wouldn't have to be in sacrament meeting on Mother's Day.
There are just some things I still have a hard time with.
Luckily being with me four special angels makes me forget all my troubles.
Ironically the last time we were here was when we met Betz for the first time almost three years ago.
The fears I had about returning were quickly replaced with laughter and new memories.
Little did we know that Olaya was fighting a strep infection as we enjoyed the weekend.
She was really quite the trooper.
Belle continues to take my breathe away.
Each day she manages to become more beautiful than the last.
Each of my children is my favorite....
for different reasons.
Can't pass by this area and not take pictures.
This is abou the time Olaya's IBprofen started wearing off. Her fever came back and you can see in her eyes she is not well.
Her medicine kicked in just in time
to chase the geese.
That night we returned to our hotel room where we had a 24 hour pool and hot tub.
Our room was really a studio apartment with full kitchen furnishings.
Miss Independent
Instead of going out to dinner, we hit a grocery store and bought all the junk we could consume in 24 hours that only required microwaving.
And even better....
the hotel offered a full complimentary breakfast.
This girl didn't have to cook a single meal all weekend!!!!!!!
In the end,
we had a fabulous weekend as a family and
I got to cuddle with this precious creature all night.
These are the moments I love/live for.

































1 comment:
Once again you amaze me with your creative writing, your beautiful words always touch my heart. You have the strength to face your trials as if they were minor speed bumps! Love you Tara, you are an amazing woman and a wonderful example of strength!!! Your friend, Kindra
Post a Comment