For the last week wake up time has been 4:40 a.m. each morning in order to get to the gym. For Saturday I was looking forward to a nice break, some sleeping in and cuddling with Olaya time. However, my body had other plans. Bright and early, 6:15 my eyes popped open. I was rested.
Not to much later the entire house was awake (minus Taron on a scout over nighter). Luckily a friend commented on a Facebook post that she was going hiking at 8. Quickly we dressed, loaded in the car and headed to the hill.
I was nervous at first as we got out of the car. I was taking Olaya in the jog stroller. I asked a cyclist just off the mountain if he thought the stroller would make it. At first he was cautious but then he said he….give it a try….you make it up with the stroller and will come back ripped. So I had to do it then. Off we went.
We pushed ahead. Up and over hills. Around trees. Over the stream. Across bridges. Through the water.
As you can see, we all had a great time.
We owe our wonderful morning to our dear friend Kathy. She came into our lives through Excel Weight Loss Center. She teaches one of Keaton’s classes. Luckily for us, she has become a friend to all of us.
This is us at the top of the hill. I love Olaya looking out around the stroller.
Coming down is always great. I was so energized I wanted to go again.
The walk even wore out Olaya. By the time we got to the bottom she was out.
We had such a wonderful morning. Great way to start the day. Grateful to live where I do. Grateful to have the friends I do. Grateful to park just one block from down town Pocatello and within a few steps be in an area pristine and isolated from the rest of the world. Hard to believe this trail is right on our back yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment