Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This Is My Place

Tomorrow morning I will load up my little ones and go here……..

Camping 314

This place….in the mountains…far away from the stress and occasional discomfort of life is my reprieve.  It is where I turn for peace.  It is a place that has never failed me.  Each trip brings laughter, joyful memories and a beautiful calmness I know that comes from being in a place blessed by the hand of my Father in Heaven. 

last years trip brought

Camping 083
walks on a windy beach…….

Camping 097
moments up close and personal  (Manuel I wish you were home to join us… we will have to make another trip upon your return from Afghanistan little brother, just not the same without you)….

Camping 197
introductions of new ones to our yearly pilgrimage…..

Camping 221
opportunity to take in a little culture….



belle Taron


keaton swim
some splishing and some splashing….

Camping 338 2

one that was just along for the ride…..
Camping 303 5

and lastly…the moment I will never forget……
Camping 447 3

Camping 447 8

Camping 449 8
Running into a creature such as this doesn’t happen every trip.  This was a moment that took my breathe away.  He was right there.  Almost close enough to touch.  All we could do was float on by. 

I can’t wait to share this trip with the people I love.  Preparing to go has been rough.  Kids were not motivated to accomplish their tasks, work has been busy, the recent move has wiped out my energy reserves (if I ever had any) and this certain gentleman caller has been stealing away special moments when the stars align and we have time to make some memories (which in not a bad thing, but it has altered my schedule somewhat).

But tonight, bags are packed, bug spray is in mass quantities and fuel tank is full.  I am ready to share another adventure in my Heaven on Earth, Island Park, Idaho with the people I love.

1 comment:

Emily said...

This is a great post! I love, love, love Island Park!!! Thanks for the moment of peace I received in reading your post and looking at your pictures. :)