Saturday, July 16, 2011

Memorial Weekend 2011–Scout Mountain Camp Out . . .

Well it is really more of a day camp for me. 

I have this rule that if my bed is within a 25 minute drive from camp…..

I sleep in my own bed.  Shower in my own shower.

We will stay at camp until late and be back up early.

But yes I drive home to my bed if I possibly can.

 

This Memorial weekend proved to be yet again,

another cold weekend in Idaho.

However, we didn’t lack in the fun department because of it.

May June Events 014 1May June Events 015 1May June Events 017 1

May June Events 019 1

May June Events 022 1

May June Events 023 1

May June Events 024 1May June Events 026 1May June Events 028 1May June Events 029 1

May June Events 034 1

May June Events 035 1May June Events 041 1May June Events 042 1May June Events 043 1

May June Events 048 1

May June Events 048 2

May June Events 049 1

May June Events 051 1

May June Events 055 1May June Events 058 1

 

And then the snow came…..

May June Events 063 1

Jax will protect us.

May June Events 068 1

 

Don’t worry…

a little snow, rain and freezing temperatures

won’t stop us from having root beer floats.

May June Events 072 1May June Events 077 1

 

My troops and I stayed through the storm,

and dinner (of course).

We didn’t make it back up to camp.

That night the snow was so bad,

the tent some of my siblings were sleeping collapsed due to snow pack.

Trip over.

Grandma loaded up and came home that morning.

1 comment:

Sandy N said...

looks like so much fun! its great to see a pic of Aaron, I havent seen him for years! love you.