Thursday, February 24, 2011

President's Day

One benefit of being a state employee
is enjoying the days off the kids and I have together.
This last Monday was one of those days. 
We quickly got our housework done
and then spent the afternoon enjoying each other and making memories. 


I love these kids. 
I love the blessing they are. 
I love the joy they bring into my life. 
I love the constant challenge they are to me
giving me a multitude of opportunities to learn and grow.

Keaton and I ended up with the tops score...won't admit what it was
but I will say we didn't break one hundred.

Taron had perfect form.

 Olaya almost missed all the excitement.

Big bro helped little sis.

Once she woke up, Olaya didn't want to miss a thing.
Now that she is walking everywhere,
we can't keep her contained.

We did enjoy our game with some extra friends.

Keaton was nice enough to get a picture of me
.....got one at least with my eyes open

After this activity we drove birthday invitations around singing to our favorite songs.
Then we attempted a movie.
Normally Olaya sleeps through late afternoon movies....
but not this day. 
I spent the majority of the movie in the hallway as she tried out her walking abilities
and played a game of find every piece of popcorn possible on the floor...
not my favorite game.

Great day with the people I love.
Thanks President's Day for giving us extra time to be together.

No comments: