Monday, February 21, 2011

Has It Really Been A Year?

Preparations are being made for the first annual Celebrate Olaya day.  While the day is to honor her appearance made on Feb 26, 2010, I can not deny it is also about me.  Yes, I said it.  Who am I kidding? This is my celebration.  The day I celebrate the 9 month journey I took with Olaya that brought her into this world.  The day I celebrate being a mother.  The day I celebrate the introduction of Taron, Keaton and Isabella to a most captivating creature we named Olaya.  I checked back to my blog a year ago and found I was very much in the preparation mode for her arrival.  Thinking I had almost 3 weeks left, she surprised us (as I had planned) and came 14 days early.  I only have a moment to write....being a state holiday the kids are I are off so I am heading out to play with the kids and make (hopefully) final purchases for the party.

However, I wanted to write just how blessed I have been the last 12 months.  Maybe I am more aware of the small thing.  Maybe Heavenly Father has truly taught me something the last while.  Life is good.  Life is really really good and there is just so much joy, love and laughter out there to sustain us through anything.  Not only am I celebrating Olaya, I celebrate the love I have for all four of my amazing children.  My title as mother is the greatest calling I have or will ever have.  Every day is filled with magic.  Our home is blessed with happiness and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, my Father is Heaven is watching over me and my kids very closely.  He is mindful of our journey.  He wants only the very best for all of us.  So with only five days left until our big celebration, I am dedicating my thoughts to gratitude, joy and love.  And here's to another 12 months of more love than I ever thought possible.


My thoughts for Olaya one year ago written on the Sunday before her Friday arrival:

My Sweet Child,


I think of you every day, maybe every minute. For now we share this body and soon you will separate from me. I realize more and more every day how great a miracle I have the blessing to be a part of. I am able to create....like God. You are my creation. You are my offering to the world. Is there any greater achievement than to say I am a mother?

I am trying to be patient. I am honoring your knowledge of when to come. I am trusting my body will respond the way you need it to when the time is right. I am ever so eager to hold you in my arms and feel you against my chest but I am allowing you to choose the moment.


18 days is the countdown


All My Love,


Mother

No comments: