Friday, August 29, 2008

I Ate Grass.


So Wednesday I am out with a co-worker doing sales calls to business's trying to book Christmas parties at the hotel. I get a phone call from the kids school and as most of you know, those calls always make you nervous. I say hello and immediately I hear my Keaton crying. Panic. I quickly ask him what is wrong and he says, "Mom, I just threw up." So of course I am concerned.

"Keaton, are you OK, " I ask.

"Yes, kind of," he replies.

"Baby, what happened, do you need me to come and get you?"

"Mom, I swallowed grass," are his words so matter of fact.

I pause for a moment. Did I hear my son correctly? My co -worker sitting next to me busts up laughing because they heard what I heard. My son swallowed grass. I don't really know what to say. Do I laugh? I have an image in my mind of how he could have swallowed grass and well I just don't feel bad for him. So I ask.

Like it was nothing he says, "I was rolling down the hill and it just went in my mouth."

"OH. OK. Then go to the bathroom and wash your mouth out, take a drink and get back to class," I command with a smile.

"K. Bye Mom," he says as I hear a click on the other end.

He calls me in tears and a I start to panic when all I had to say was take a drink and go to class. I put the phone down and turn to my co-worker and just shake my head and we both start to laugh.

"He swallowed grass. What can I say?"

That's my boy. Oh Keaton, Mom loves you.

1 comment:

Sharen said...

That Keaton is so funny. I cant wait to come down for his baptism next weekend!