Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Creation

 

Through the promptings of a couple in my ward, I auditioned for Idaho State University’s Camerata Singers.  Since practice started back in late January, I have filled every Tuesday night with an opportunity to stretch and grow.  Music has always been a big part of my life.  Yet, I am not a trained vocalist as much as I love to sing.  At virtually every practice I experienced everything from crying for joy, crying from sadness, strengthening of my vocal abilities, exhaustion from working so hard, sheer exhilaration from being in the same room with so many talented people.  As concert time approached, I could hardly stand the anticipation of joining with the Civic Symphony in the Jensen Grand Performance Hall.

The musical selection was Haydn’s “The Creation”.  I sang lines such as,

For ever blessed be His power.

His name be ever magnified.

 

Proclaim, in your extended course,

Th’ almighty power and praise of God.

 

Resound the praise of God our Lord.

Great His name, and great His might.

 

Hail! bounteous Lord! Almighty, hail!

Thy word call’d forth this wondrous frame,

The heavens and earth Thy power adore;

We praise The now and evermore.

 

Thanks Jerry and Paula for encouraging me to do something just for me.  Thank you for driving me each and every week so that I couldn’t back out and giving be the strength to know I could be apart of something so great.  I can’t wait for fall semester to begin again.

 

Concert Night

me

The Stage Where We Will Sing

April Easter 042 1

Audience Seating-

Picture can not do this hall justice.

April Easter 043 1

When I went in to take pictures of the hall before the concert,

I found Master Chung Park at the piano with the musical score.

It was a special moment to watch him alone in the hall with the music.

April Easter 046 1

Can you see it?  Can you feel it?

April Easter 048 1

Pre-Concert in the Rotunda

April Easter 055 1

Just me after the concert.

April Easter 059 1

I encourage you to look up Haydn The Creation on YouTube

to hear the splendor of this oratorio.

No comments: