My weeks seem to be so full, as with any mother, that I get excited when I wake up Sunday morning. I need Sunday. It is my favorite day of the week. I get recharged, feel renewed and strengthened. As the week goes on, I slowly feel that motivation creep away. I don't ever mean for it to happen. In fact, I try to hold to the spirit from the Sunday before but like sand held tight in the palm of a hand, it slips away. Today, I awoke to the sun shining and breathed a sigh of relief that I made it.
In Sunday school we started with reading Matthew 11:28-30.
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
The discussion that followed was everything I needed. I have struggled the last little while with feeling this sense that I have to do everything on my own. Loneliness has settled in. I tried to surround myself with people. And while I enjoyed my time, in the end I was not taking care of me and consequently I can't take care of anyone else. In a work training we were reminded about how on a plane, if the oxygen mask appears we are to put our own on first. Reminding me, I can't take care of anyone else unless I have taken care of me.
The awesome responsibility/burden of caring for four children rests upon my shoulders. In addition I have to care fo rmy home, pay bills, worry about car repairs, fix dinner, get kids where they need to be, buy groceries, sign up kids for sports.....the list goes on to infinity. The weight of this was weighing heavy upon my shoulders this week. It became tangled in all my thoughts. This is why I needed Sunday.
This one passage of scripture lifted me. It re-centered my thoughts reassuring me, I am never alone. With Heavenly Father by my side, my burdens will be light.
Today, not only did Father in Heaven feel I needed to hear this message once, he shared it with me again at a Singles Fireside. The exact same message, same scripture. More depth, more examples. Truth is, I didn't want to go. I was going alone. These events are usually attended by much older singles and well I don't like leaving my kids. However tonight I felt prompted to go. The sister that spoke first was discussing how Heavenly Father will never leave us and my thoughts went back to the Sunday School lesson. As I was trying to recall the scripture reference, she said it and read the same passage from earlier.
That moment, through prompting me to attend and inspiring this sister to use that scripture, it was confirmed upon me that my Heavenly Father knows me. He knows my struggles and burdens. Most importantly, he loves me. He hears my prayers. He knows my heart.
Oh blessed Sunday. Blessed Father. Thank you. I hear you and know you are with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment